Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

About the UC RP.

a topic in Gundam: Universal Century, a part of the RPG forum.

Gundam: Universal Century Storyline

What era of UC Gundam would you like to RP?

One Year War era
33%
Between One Year War and Z Gundam
33%
Z Gundam - Gryps Conflict
No votes
Gundam ZZ - First Neo Zeon War
No votes
Char's Counterattack - second Neo Zeon War
No votes
The large gap between CCA and F91
13%
Gundam F91 - Crossbone Vanguard
No votes
The gap between Gundam F91 and V
No votes
V Gundam - Zanscare Empire
No votes
After V Gundam - Absolute Free reign of story options
20%

Total votes : 15

About the UC RP.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun May 28, 2006 4:09 am

Here's some things I need to bring up about the UC RP.

It'll be close ran/watched over by me. Anything happening outside of what happened that is cannon, CANNOT happen.

Rules:
Choose a side: Feddy, Zeon, or Civilian.

If you go the Civilian route, no mobile suit for you, that is unless you some how get pulled into the conflict.

Feddy - You will be assigned whatever mobile suit makes since at the time. I doubt anyone will have Gundams. You can request it, and depending on the situation you present, you may or may not be allowed to have it. Most of the conflict was fought with grunts in GM's. Take it or leave. This means the post that is already here, doesn't technically happen.

Zeon - The Zeke's will eventually have a bit more options than the Feds.

Now, thats if you want your charcter to be a pilot, which it certainly doesn't have to be. There's alot of different options you can go with. Other biggies, probably won't be any Pegasus class ships. There were only a few. So hop aboard your Salamis or Musai, if your going to be in space (which I assume everyone will go to eventually.)

Wanna be a newtype? That's fine. Just if you use your powers outside of what is known as their true abilities, I will call you out, and the post will have to be editted. Just remember, newtypes were rare. Think of it this way, not everyone in the star wars universe is a jedi, same applies to UC Gundam.

I'm sure this sounds restrictive, but the UC Gundam world is restrictive. Why do you think Bandai avoids making another large scale entry into this well established universe?

When in the UC timeline doesnt matter with me. The Fed and Zeke example is just if we want to do One Year War era stuff. Which is VERY restrictive in what can be done. I personally would rather do something post Char's Counterattack, but it doesn't matter much to me. Up to you to decide, so let's take a vote...(btw they are in timeline order)

Use that nifty poll at the top,a nd if you want say why. On another note I typed this up quickly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun May 28, 2006 7:20 am

As time progresses, we can most certainly create subforums here containing each of the above time periods. Pending section activity, of course. We don't want to spread people too thin.

Enjoy the new section, folks.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun May 28, 2006 9:19 pm

Another little note, depending on the era that is decided on, I will post up a detailed explination of what has happened up until that point. That way no one will have to worry about not knowing certain historical elements.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:59 am

I wouldn't mind finally having a character outside of the pilot role. Perhaps a mechanic. I think that'd be neat, so I'm going to go for a Fred mech. : )

-EVERYONE WHO READS THIS NEEDS TO START PARTICIPATING!-

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:30 am

Yes, participation would be good. However, those that are, are either doing things outside of the rules or incorrectly playing characters. Johnny Ridden questioning himself on anything!? HA. I think I'm going to have to add "No playing established UC Gundam characters, unless you can prove you know the character" rule now...

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:09 am

I definately vote to start at the One Year War. Thinkin' of playin' the everjoyful of a nameless, faceless number on the battlefield. =D
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:30 pm

Since Stardust Memory and Ecole du Ciel are the only events released in the US between the OYW and the Gryps conflict, that period would be neat to work with. It would provide a lot of opportunity to develope and test new MS and weapon designs. Civilians would also play a large role in reconstruction of the devastated Earth Sphere.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:44 pm

Yeah, I would prefer an area that hasn't been explored too much by Gundam. Hense, why I don't really want to do one year war. There will be a new Gundam unit that will come into play, as well as a new experimental Zeon unit as well in the overall story plan that I'm currently penning, and both of which I'm currently designing.

Now here's a plus for doing the RP soon after the one year war. There are plenty of write ups of info on the One Year War, that people who want to participate can read and get info for whatever backstory they want to apply for their characters. As Goth has already mentioned, more mobile suits to experiment with. Plus, since unfortunatly there aren't that many here that actually RP, we can fill in the gaps. I figure I'm going to have to do like I did with the GWing RP and have tons of NPC's. Not a problem really.

Now like I said, there's more options for suits. Better GM variants, better Zeon variants. If we were to say to yet another group of Federal Forces test pilots, I would be willing to lift the Gundam restriction slightly. However, there would only be maybe 3 at the most, and they would only be assigned to those that can prove to me they are going to be an active member of the RP. The units would also be designed by me.

Zeon forces (technically Zeon Remnants) would be allowed to eventually have specialized Zeon suits sent to them to combat the threat these Gundams would pose.

Though right now it looks like people...or atleast 3 want to go One Year War.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:31 pm

Also, in that period, we could have a story giong for Axis or the Jupiter Fleet...just a suggestion.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:10 pm

Well I've decided. We won't actually be doing the One Year War, however, we will be doing it right after. Here's why: For someone new it'll be easy to go read up on the One Year War, and allow them to craft some sort of back story, therefore they won't have to worry about any of the prior One Year War history details.

I'll be writing up a general story for both the Feddy and Zeon remnants side. Players can decide how they fit into that however they wish. This is being done so everyone is on the same page. I'm not exactly sure on how many people are going to be participating (if the poll is an indication...7), but I'm sure it's going to be a small group. Can't have everyone be in different places and have a good RP. Trust me, that's something that has hindered the AC universe RP since the beginning. Expect it up around Wednesday or Thursday. Would be sooner but one of my friends has asked me to go on vacation with him, and it's been awhile since I've been to the beach.

On Goth's suggestion, a trip to Axis might happen, Jupiter less than likely. Main reason is combat is extremly difficult around there, and I don't think the Federation had anything to deal with the gravity well. In the Crossbone Gundam series, the X-1, X-2, and later X-3 Gundams all have large vernier units on their backs, that are also part of the core fighter, to deal with the problem.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karaudu on Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:13 am

Even though Kiyoshi knows which side I'll be on. If we have to be in any other era then after CCA I'll be Zeon.

Karaudu
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: About the UC RP.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mabus on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:16 pm

I'll play. Anybody willing to help put together a Zeonic remnant the scale of the Delaz fleet?

I've always been in love with the MS-18E.
And now I heard his voice, rising, swelling, thundering through the flaring light, and as I fell, the radiance increasing, increasing, poured over me in waves of flame. Then I sank into the depths, and I heard the King in Yellow whispering to my soul: "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!"

-'In the Court of the Dragon', 'The King in Yellow', Robert W. Chambers

Mabus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:37 am

Ah, the Kampfer! That's the suit one of my characters pilots.

Let me see if I can drag Kiyoshi back... I'm sure he'd love to summon his players again, to get this rolling.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mabus on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:45 am

I'd likely be using a Dom Funf augmented with a new reactor, arm-based beam cannons and other upgrades/prototypes courtesy of Axis. MS-09F can hold its weight against most enemy units from that period, and is easily augmented between land and ground roles.

Mabus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irthur Belle on Mon May 12, 2008 2:29 pm

I choose Civilian sides.
Where I start is like a Junk Guild?

Irthur Belle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed May 14, 2008 2:09 am

Well I was informed that there was some activity from this old topic, and thought I'd finally reply. This has sort of been an off and on project that I'd love to actually get underway but hasn't due to either my own scheduling conflicts or drop outs from people that I deemed necessary to actually work, or at least work by my own views. I've come to realize that these are quite the hindrance since I'm a stickler for continuity, especially when it comes to matters pertaining to the Universal Century universe.

With my current occupation eating up a lot of my time (it has kept me from getting involved with a few things on this site that I really wanted to) I don't feel like putting forth what I had planned if there's only one, maybe two, people joining up. With that in mind, if there aren't enough people wanting to do an RP where I actually want to get actively involved, I do encourage people to do their own thing, just ask that any designs or story elements I've posted thus far not be used without my permission.

If there is any help needed on the mechanics or story elements, I could possibly help in that regard, though I don't know, there may be a much more well equipped Gundam Guru on this site by now.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irthur Belle on Fri May 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Okay... well.. maybe everything history and philosophy about Universal Century is have good 101 profession and craftmanship. math, science, art, physic, human nature, and other and anything new about Universal Century, craftmans and mechanics and junk collectors and mining.

I ask design about RRf-06 Zanny to draw 3-D dimension and many shape of the mobile suit. very beginning. or maybe I try draw worker mobile..

If any happen aggressive or passive can leave off forum so no one know how to behave it like "I have to Believe myself " that feel wonder and shape then ask us to ''relax and patience and calm''.

edit: I be civilian on to clean up all junk parts then i be junk suit maker to do mechanic.

Irthur Belle
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!