Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Death of a Nightmare

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Death of a Nightmare

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Creator of Elsewhere on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:07 pm

The dagger was cold, contrary to the flesh of her neck. She couldn’t scream. Moments later she hit the floor, cold as the blade has always been. His lips moved with speech, but there was no sound. He kissed the blood on the back of his hand, feeling the passion reminisce from seconds ago. He lustfully looked over her nude, blood-covered corpse, the liquid passion flowing down her chest from the slit in her neck. He knelt down beside her and lightly touched her pale cheek with his fingertips.

Suddenly everything became faded and distorted, all else becoming so clear. Transfiguring from one mind’s world to the next, he then became aware. Before he could think, he reacted. Hiroshi’s leg flung out from under him, tripping whoever was standing there by kicking the back of their knee. Hiroshi was now completely awake, though lightheaded. The man yelped in surprise and alarm, dropping a dirk. Hiroshi caught it and immediately threw it, having it stick into the man’s forehead before he hit the ground, dead.

“Poor bastard,� Hiroshi said to himself as he slowly stood. “At least I’m awake…� That nightmare never failed to disturb him. He was more concerned about that dream than the fact that he had just killed a man. It wasn’t the killing that bothered him. It was because he felt a sick lusty affection for a corpse. Shaking his head and scratching his cheek, he tried to forget about it.

It was still dark outside, but there were the first signs of sunrise. The sky began to lighten, and stars to fade, Hiroshi saw through the bare trees. He was about to continue east, but something caught his attention. The dirk was strange. Its handle was exquisitely carved from some sort of bone. As soon as he touched it, it fell off the man’s forehead. Only the handle though. The blade was nowhere to be found. Hiroshi checked the hole in the man’s head, but it wasn’t there. Even stranger, the handle was smooth where the blade should have been. Something about this felt terribly wrong. Closely examining the handle, he noticed that it seemed to have little hairs, like peach fuzz. When he looked back at the man, he was smiling with his eyes closed and there was no wound on his forehead! Hiroshi could have sworn that they were open before, but there was definitely a hole in his head before. He looked very closely, but there was no sign of it. When he moved back to look at his face, he saw the man’s eyes opened wide, staring at him blankly.

“What the fuck!� Hiroshi yelled out abruptly, jumping up. He raised his hand and shot a continuous stream of white fire at the corpse, charring it instantly. He took a few steps back, looking at the handle in his other hand before dropping it into the pouch on his hip. With a wave of his hand, the flames ceased.

About to walk away, a twig snapped behind him and a sensation went up his spine. Someone was near…

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Creator of Elsewhere
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

assasin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:24 am

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245 ... ja_ink.jpg

It was a girl, an assassin. She was born ninja and trained to have no sense of meaning for the word 'honor' only kill. She now worked as a mercenary, assassinating people, for the right price. He was on her list. That would surely mean death. But for him it didn’t, there was something different about him, though she did not trust him; she seemed to find hope in his face, like he was meant for something great. She took herself out of the shadows where she was most conferrable and let down her guard and walked up behind him, still ready for anything.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rowen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:52 pm

(*smiles*)
Last edited by Rowen on Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rowen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:55 am

A man stided by, having three katana's on his back, and two on his left side of his body and three on the other side. His feet tapped into the dirt continuosly, looking around for something to do.

He then turned his head to his left, his icy blue eye's looked at the two people as the wind picked up, blowing his long, white hair to the left. He stood there watching them, totally obvious, but he didn't care, he was sure in his swordsmanship.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Creator of Elsewhere on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:29 pm

Sensing no mal intent, Hiroshi was relatively calm. He sighed and turned to face her with a crack of a somber smile. This girl definitely was skilled in the arts of stealth. Hiroshi was unaware of her presence until she chose to reveal herself. Her emotional vibes seemed to be that of curiosity towards him, but he could not be sure. She had a mysterious air to her, one of incompleteness.

A cold breeze blew from behind him as there was a short pause, the tree branches swaying in the wind. There was something about this one… something needy. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it. Whatever it was, he was intrigued. He brushed his emerald green hair out of his face, and scratched his head with another sigh.

“Can I help you miss?� He asked with sincere respect. Though he seemed lax, he was watching her every move.

Suddenly there was a violently passionate sensation in his gut. How could his be possible? But he felt her… She was near, getting nearer… It was so strange. Was this her? He looked at the girl, then at a figure in the distance with long white hair, entirely confused, his emerald eyes wide with awe.

Creator of Elsewhere
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavis Ayashin on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:46 pm

The thick scent of blood that tainted the morning air from the corpse a few miles away had triggered Mavis from her sleep. The smell of blood spilled blood was always most enticing as her body shuddered in pleasure with hairs standing on end. Startled and lusty, her nose scrunched a little as she opened her eyes, revealing a pitched black pupil swimming in a pool of crimson. She leaned forward with her knees brought close to her chest, from the base of the tree stood over sixty feet off from ground level

“And the beast has killed another victim.�, she had whispered in a low voice, that was only audible to herself. Her metal claws rested on the dried bark of the branch that was big enough to sit four people sit side-by-side. She tapped her fingers in the metal claw as her pale skin glistened from the rays of the sun. A few strands of hair fell over her eyes as the rest of her silver tinted hair flowed naturally to the sides of her face, reaching a little past her shoulders. She pulled her body weight forward to now be in a kneeling position, prepared to sprint off into the distance of the blood.

“You disappeared way too long… but you’re killing makes it oh so damn easy to locate you sometimes.�, she thought to herself.

Within minutes she leaped from the branch into the next, sprinting at full speed. With each step she took, she applied more force to the next step, eventually breaking the steady pace. After ten minutes or so, the words “What the fuck!� echoed through the forest. Mavis’ ears rang in sensitivity and her left eye brow twitched. Immediately, birds darted out from the abundant roof of the trees that seem to be what the whole forest consisted of; they fluttered in haste to air, where they would be liberated from this forest enigma. Mavis’ cocked her head up and smirked her pale, rose colored lips and closed her eyes. She had felt that particular presence around her as she stopped abruptly on a tree.

She jumped off the branch to land gracefully on the ground down on one knee as she faced the floor. Her eyes still closed, she sensed the presence of more than one person; this was unexpected. Who else would be there with Hiroshi..? It couldn’t have been allies… It must be another bounty hunter, but the tension wasn’t heavy in the air. A sudden wisp of wind flew towards her direction, further lifting her mantle a few feet off the air. Mavis felt a little alerted as she opened her eyes, revealing her eyes had shifted to a deeper colored red.

She raised her body off the floor and proceed forward a few steps till she was only a few feet away from Hiroshi, an unknown female figure, and another unknown male figure who carried katanas on his back. She squinted and assumed the male figure to be a swordsman then her eyes darted back to Hiroshi, who still maintained his physical youth. There was a familiar odd softness she felt surging throughout Hiroshi’s body for a few seconds just by looking at him. But it wasn’t long before that emotion of human tenderness faded within her, devoured by the feeling of hate and disgust. Her eye brows arched downwards and her face appeared most stern at this point.

“Ah.. Another one. What did this one do to you?�, in regards to the dead body. A devilish, but warm smile consumed her face.

One would assume the words that came from Mavis’ mouth would be more… filled with joy to see an old friend. It has been after all, a few hundred years since they’ve spent time together, developing what seemed almost impossible for Mavis, a human relationship and bringing out the human ability to love as a three quarter Feriar demon. By nature, bonds between humans and Feriar demons are nearly most impossible if one were to be of the direct bloodline. The ferociousness nature of demons in general make it hard for any real trust at all, even amongst clan members and maybe family members; trust aside from keeping their existence together. But this particular race only possessed a limited time of youth that would have to be continued by going through a ritual in order to regenerate and replenish one‘s own vital energy, available once every one hundred years. About every one hundred years, about an average of five to eight Octurn amulets spawn in the demon world, meaning on average, only five to eight Feriar demons fight to the death, trying to retrieve this, to replenish themselves while others die trying or die physically from old, old age. Upon retrieving the amulet, they are given thirty one days, about a month, to activate it. Most fail to use even with such extent of time as they are required to form a human bond with someone; they must learn to love to some extent, and from there, the person the Feriar demon chooses to bond with, shares an energy comparable to a life force that revitalizes them.

But after parting ways with Hiroshi for so long, emotions such as that’s can only reside in her mind for so long. The ability and memory of love had grown submissive within Mavis. It was one of those things where she has to experience continuously… or go back right where she’s started, as a lurker of the shadows who slays for a living.

Mavis Ayashin
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:56 pm

(me
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245 ... egrets.jpg )

"the real question is can i help you, you just killed that woman without a thought. and now it tis my turn" she drew her sword, but couldn't move it, it was like somthing, deep down, stopped her. she fell to her knees and whispered "I...can't" she didn't know why, but she just could not bare to kill him. What did he mean to her? he was prey and she was the preadotor

Rowen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:39 pm

The man carrying the blade's stood there, unalarmed by anyone's presence. He knew his power, as did many, but none survived to tell of it. The man chuckled a bit, showing somewhat of Basilisk fangs. He then lifted up his arms, placing them across his chest as he kept his eye's fixated on those around him.

"What are all these people and demons doing around here? Are they here to have a family get to gether or kill each other?" were a few words that escaped soft, lucious white lips, in a gentle, toned manner.

He laughed a bit, but not loudly, just a simple under the breathe laugh.He knew they knew he was there, but he awaited to see what happened.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:56 am

http://www.madman.com.au/wallpapers/sam ... 1_1024.jpg

Mainly what my character looks like, but more swords.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Creator of Elsewhere on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:59 am

(OOC: Alright, ABSOLUTLY no more sign-ups! [except Azmodai]There is already too many for this rp. I forgot to mention that this is a STORY rp, putting an emphasis on storyline, and very little fighting. This is not a duel or battle, and will not be treated as such. If you want one of those, make one. If you're a super powerful character, you better have the story to back it up. In this rp, it is mandatory to communicate on the outside. If you can't, don't post. That means that you all must use: PM, AIM, or Myspace. This is NOT a "play as you go" rp. There is a set storyline, and loosly planned plot. I advise everyone to talk amongst yourselves OUTSIDE the thread, But it is necessary to talk to me frequently. I really wouldn't have a problem deleting it and starting over at this point. It was my mistake to not post rules, but I'm posting them now. Thank you for your cooperation.)

Creator of Elsewhere
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:07 pm

((OC Sorry to interupt the storyline with this but I really think I should bring Nightmare from Under the Moon into this soryline. Is that okay or no?)

Nightmare
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:31 pm

((I will do my characters history, or background in a simple rememberization of his past.))

The man holding all the swords began to ponder upon a thought, his eye's rolling back as his eyelid's closed. Images in his head began to appear, it was his past..

--A dark, cold chamber. and within this chamber was a wooden crate with a seal on the top of it, keeping it sealed away for a very long time. Within this box was a child that would grow to an adult within this chamber. He had no childhood or teenage years. But when the seal was released by a demon, a man arose from the wooden chamber, standing around 5'7", white hair and icy blue eye's.

"Where am I? Who am I? And who are you?" asked the man from the crate.

"You are in a chamber where you have been sealed away for years. And as for your name, well, that is up to you to decide. As for me, I am a demon, Basilisk, a legendary swordsman of great and powerful stregnths. And when I stumbled upon this chamber, I decided to check it out." The demon said softly.

"Well then.."
Before the man could finish his sentence, the demon began to turn into a black aura. "I'm here to control you."

The aura began to flow into the mouth of the man, taking possession of it. All his talents and powers within this man, but it was his only way of surviving, he only had seven days left, but he had completed his goal.

A mixture of voices was heard, "This is a good fit, and this body had excellent potential, it will come in handy. And since I have this form, I shall still remain as Basilisk, and I will go out and enjoy life."

The energies of the demon and the human had mixed perfectly, as if it was meant to be. Eventually the being walked out of the chamber, back into the woods to where he would come to the present, since he has maybe been around for a total amount of one-two weeks.--

((Alright, my characters bio. He was just brought out and possessed by the Basilisk Demon, thus giving him his swordmanship and such.))

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Creator of Elsewhere on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:40 pm

(OOC: No more entries, I'm sorry, too many people already. You can PM me your reasons, and you should have asked with a PM.)

Hiroshi just stared at the girl for a moment, not even paying attention to what she said. No, this was not Mavis… but she was getting nearer… As soon as he drew her sword though, she had his attention again. Suddenly she fell to her knees, to his confusion. Before he could react, something hit the ground behind him, his stomach trying to leap out of his chest. He quickly spun, turning his back to the others, he faced her. His jaw dropped and eyes grew wide at the sight of Mavis, about 400 years after losing her to demon kidnappers.

“By the gods, I-I!� Hiroshi was at a loss of words. He couldn’t believe that was all she said. She didn’t even look that excited. “…missed you…� He added softly. “It’s been so long, four hundred years …my inamorata.� He wanted to move closer, but was cautious. She may have changed over time, possibly to the way she was before they met… but she remembered him. It couldn’t be that bad.

Feeling a rush of mixed emotions, Hiroshi had a long sigh. He was so glad to see her, but she had that old indifferent disposition. What could this mean? He was so flabbergasted, that he almost forgot that there were other people around.

Creator of Elsewhere
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavis Ayashin on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:28 am

To Mavis’ arrival, there was utter silence spoken by the three others figures present enveloped by the thick trees in the forest; the female assassin, the swordsman with the multiple use swords, and her old…friend, Hiroshi.

The sound of a drawn sword forced Mavis’ deep colored red eyes to shift towards the now armed female assassin. When it looked as if she was about to charge and strike Hiroshi, Mavis’ muscles tensed throughout her body as if she wasn‘t already cautious enough. Her left foot shifted back a few inches on the ground, diagonal from her right. Just as she was about to rise her metal claws that concealed the tenderness of Mavis’ human pale skin, up to an offensive position, the girl dropped to her knees as a faint whisper escaped her lips.

Before Mavis’ attention could fully fall back to Hiroshi, she felt his emerald green eyes look at her presence. She felt a sudden surprise attention at her as her eyes stared dead into his face after four hundred years. His jaw dropped and his eyes had grown wide as if one had devised the solution to conquer the world with one small flick of a finger.

After Hiroshi spoke, there was silence again as her eyes scanned him from head to toe and back up again to see if the years has done any physical damage to his body. There were no traces of lost youth.

“I missed you�, his words echoed into her mind. Though she kept her facial expression stern, faint memories consumed by hatred flowed through the nerves of her head.

“…my inamorata�, her muscles relaxed a little from the soothing sound of his voice.

A smile formed across her face and her head shook from side to side at his confused state. Without any words, she dropped her arms to her sides as her body concealed was concealed by a mantle that barely distinguished the delicate curves of the female form. Small steps were taken and her focus to Hiroshi heightened. Her eyes retained the deep pool of red and with each step made, breezes of the wind brushed through the loose strands of hair, levitating it in the air.

“Hiroshi… four hundred years… “

She now stood only four feet away from him.

“And you haven’t changed one bit…�

Her body faced his as one of her slender fingers from inside the metal claw traced his cheek softly in a small, delicate circular motion. .

“You haven’t lost the life in your eyes; they’re still very soft…�

She started to circle around him as if she was a vulture in another lifetime. Her eyes, scanning every detail of his face, his lips, his eyes, his weaponry…

“You just called me your inamorata…just like you used to. Inamorata’s a very significant word to mean that one is loved. Is that what you feel for me… love? The word has such an ambiguous meaning. How would you define it? It brings one pleasure and pain all at the same time, doesn’t it? That’s what I felt when you parted way.� As these words were spoken from Mavis’ mouth, she squinted her eyes a little in confusion as to where these sudden feelings spurred from. She was subconsciously recalling the past, only to realize it a second later.

…My last encounter with him has left a residue…

The feeling hate and disgust encroached her body as the last few words spoken at the end struck a chord filled with tension, breaking away from the once almost sympathetic voice.

“You love me… don’t you?�

Her circling pace stopped as she now stood behind him with her right claw rested on his shoulder. Where her claw lay, her fingers tapped in continuous motion.

“Because… words like that…shouldn’t be thrown around carelessly. They are of no relevance in my memory, and neither are you!�, she spoke in an austere tone, raising her voice at the end. Within seconds of her last words, a steel, sharpened blade measuring about six inches in length and 2.5 inches in width shot out from the back of her metal claw; its tip pointed directly at Hiroshi’s neck, brushing the surface of his skin.

Mavis Ayashin
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:08 pm

the assasin, who's name still remained a mystery, stood up slightly shakeing. she drew her sword half out of the sheath and looked at the cold blade.

The realization that she had become no better than that of which she had tried to escape, hit her like a bolt of lightening. she was a ninja a pillageing murderous ninja. she wanted to slit her own throat . But she didn't she stood straigt up and clenched her fist and took a deep breath. her eyes filled with tears, though not a single one fell. "I will avenge them" she whispered. and she disappeared into the shadows.

she would return after the wrongs she had commited had been put back into the right.

(srry cant right more my mom is making me grt off the computer. lol )

Rowen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:38 pm

she spent the next three months hunting down all the murdous people who had hired her to do their dirty work, anshe made them pay. she did not kill them as she once would have, but she brought them to justice and made them spend good hard time in jail. the realization of what she had becomee, simply fom that one time she saw 'him', since she did not know his name.

every night scince she had finished what she had started, she sat at that fatefull place where her life had changed. For the better.

Rowen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:40 pm

Rowen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Creator of Elsewhere on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Hiroshi listened carefully to every word she said, but didn’t respond, not yet. A slender finger from within her claw circled his cheek as he gazed into her ruby eyes. She began to circle him like a predator, her cold steely words were so refreshing, trance inducing. He closed his eyes and allowed her to pace around him, having some sort of strange trust. When she was behind him, her claw rested on his shoulder, fingers drumming.

“They are of no relevance in my memory and neither are you!� She said very sternly, nearly causing Hiroshi to break his meditation before he realized he was being tested.

“…Liar…� he thought to himself, knowing that she wouldn’t come find him if he was of no relevance.

Suddenly, Mavis’s claw shot at the side of Hiroshi’s neck. He didn’t even look at her. He allowed the blade to slide by his neck, not even flinching in the slightest. Still facing away from her, he pressed and turned his neck against her claw, cutting himself on her blade.

“Is that what you wanted to do?� He said softly, and with a drop of seduction for every drop of blood. Hiroshi leaned off the claw, but still was less than an inch from the blade. Without looking, he turned and lightly kissed the hand of the claw that cut him. “You see, I’ve changed a bit,� he whispered, eyes slowly opening to make contact. “…for the better, Inamorata.� He added, leaning in and softly brushing his cheek on hers. He stood there, their bodies close but not touching.

Creator of Elsewhere
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:14 am

Still, Basilisk showed absolutely no concern to this matter, he just simply wanted to watch. He kept no guard up, due to the fact he knew nobody would actually attack him.

Basilisk then lowered his right hand, tapping on one of his swords, emitting a singal into the air to call upon a beast of well known power.

Within seconds, a beast with mass energy came rushing through the bamboo, destroying it with it's thick body that was stronger than titanium and fangs of about 1.5" with it's emerald eye's looking around. It suddenly stopped by Basilisk, then over to the other people. Basilisk then layed down with his basilisk, as it wrapped around him, making a bed type object for Basilisk to relax in till something exciting happened.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:05 am

((I am enjoying this RP as of the moment.))

Basilisk looked across the area, noticing a woman, an assassin type fighter and smirked a bit. He quickly hopped out of his basilisk's coils and began a quick charge. He took off towards the couple in the middle of the arangement. Once he got about seven feet near them, he pushed off the ground, leaving a cloud of dirt as he hovered through the air over them. In about mid-air, he grabbed a katana from his right side, holding it with his left hand as he landed about four feet past the two.

He then took off running towards the assassin and stoped about two feet from her form as he let go of his swords handle and held his arms at his sides.

"Now, what might an assassin be doing out here? Are you hunting me or them?"

His icy blue eye's looked into the womans, simply wrath filling his eye's.

"Also, what might your name be?"

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 18 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!