Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Official "Chat Isn't Working" Thread

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Re: Official "Chat Isn't Working" Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheXenomorph1 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:44 pm

It became what the people needed, and thanks QB.
What an absolute time

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheXenomorph1
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:09 am

Point of information: Remaeus's username was forcibly changed to "Hacked" before the whole site went down. You might want to change your password, log out, then log in with the new one.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Of course, it was the nefarious hacker 4chan!
Either that, or Danky Kang. Scoundrels that they are.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Has anybody realized that we have a guest account that's been registered on this site since 1969?

I'm just saying.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:44 pm

The 1969 date actually has to do with how the Internet keeps track of time. It's pretty interesting stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

(and yes, there is a Y2K-ish issue creeping up on us in about 20 years)

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheXenomorph1 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:49 pm

But I love my password. Now I am become torn.

TheXenomorph1
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holtzmann on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:37 am

I don't think my account is worth being hacked. My notoriety for such a thing isn't that high.
Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and the farewell.

Holtzmann
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:59 pm

Hey, first of all thank you very much for working on the site, I will see about setting up a way to donate to ya.

Secondly I got an error code when trying to use the chat tab , then connecting to the MV/ big chat.

Query: SELECT userID, userName, ip, type FROM ajax_chat_bans WHERE NOW() < dateTime; Error-Report: Table 'db_gateway.ajax_chat_bans' doesn't exist Error-Code: 1146

Hope it helps, if not oh well. Thank you again.

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:54 am

Hi, both my RP's chat and public chat aren't working for me, when I try to open them I get the following msg,

Query: SELECT userID, userName, ip, type FROM ajax_chat_bans WHERE NOW() < dateTime; Error-Report: Table 'db_gateway.ajax_chat_bans' doesn't exist Error-Code: 1146

Sonofel
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:55 am

Sonofel: Everyone gets that same error code right now. The chat is down while site admin works to patch vulnerabilities in the chat. It will be up as soon as he is finished, I'm sure.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsumefan2 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:59 pm

what happened to the chat ??

Tsumefan2
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheXenomorph1 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:28 am

Tsumefan2 wrote:what happened to the chat ??

Holtz did it. True fact. Don't ask Holtz to verify this, just take my word for it.

TheXenomorph1
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ignetio on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:14 am

So chat bar is gone. It will not show up. Even If I reload the page. How do I fix?
"just sleep and the pain will fade away..."- page 20 Asmundur

Ignetio
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Ignetio wrote:So chat bar is gone. It will not show up. Even If I reload the page. How do I fix?

There is no bottom chat bar anymore. If you wish to chat, click chat at the top of the page. It is it's own dedicated chatroom (it's always been there). It's the OOC chat for the Multiverse and the default chat for the entire site.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ignetio on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:15 am

Vexar wrote:
Ignetio wrote:So chat bar is gone. It will not show up. Even If I reload the page. How do I fix?

There is no bottom chat bar anymore. If you wish to chat, click chat at the top of the page. It is it's own dedicated chatroom (it's always been there). It's the OOC chat for the Multiverse and the default chat for the entire site.

so why is the chat bar gone? why was it rid of? That was one of the key things on the site i liked. chatting with friends while rping. Will it be coming back?

Ignetio
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:24 pm

The char bar will likely not be coming back anytime soon. You can use the OOC chat however in any RP and talk to your friend there. It was one of the main reasons the site crashed awhile back.

It, or a feature similar to it, may come back once the complete rework of the site's coding is finished, however I cannot guarantee this.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazyperson655 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:41 pm

can you help me bc it wont let me chat when I try to say something it keeps telling me to log in when im already logged in

crazyperson655
Member for 5 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:38 pm

crazyperson655 wrote:can you help me bc it wont let me chat when I try to say something it keeps telling me to log in when im already logged in

Did your computer go into sleep mode and then you woke it up? That happens to me sometimes. The best remedy is to log out of the site and wait maybe an hour for the chat to catch up with the rest of the site.

In the future, check to see if your name is at the top of the chat user list when waking back up. If not, then you have this problem.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!