Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Multiverse

Declaration of War

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Declaration of War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 03, 2006 10:00 pm

OOC: This war is in the good interest of the entire roleplaying community. As roleplayers, we should follow the Roleplayer's Creed in all aspects, particularly keeping things in character. The goal here is to kickstart some of the newer roleplayers into becoming better roleplayers to take our place someday.

Public declaration of war on Tux (Tuxedo Mask) and the Labefacto Clan contained therein.

GWing has allied themselves with Proving Grounds, and will act as a middle ground between Labefacto and Proving Grounds.

Strat One Combatants

Strat Two Combatants
Zumovode has declared that all Labefacto members will participate at this level unless otherwise noted here.
Artanis Batsu Rain (Chrono)
Miyumi (Lacuna)
Isnio Tsuyamara

Strat Three Combatants
Master (Alighieri)
Ðerek
Delve
Xelphias
Karaudu
Gabriel Faile
Zeke (Ezekiel)
Claude Faile
Zechs Marquise
Crimson Aeternus
Scelero Aeternus
Xion Aeternus
Ikari Arimoto
Amadeus Draken

Engagement begins 5/5/2006 at 6:00 PM EST.
Engagement prior to this time will be considered a violation of the rules, will be declared null and void, and judged at a later point in time.

Tags
GWing: GW_
Proving Grounds: Participants
Tux/AnimeForums: Tux/AF_
Labefacto: Labefacto

Those without tags will be considered as Tux/AnimeForums.

OOC: We have no authority over either side other than to enforce the rules. Now let's get it on!
Last edited by Remæus on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 03, 2006 10:00 pm

Final War Rules:

You are welcome to fight anywhere you like.
Keep in mind that the Tux chat is Labefacto ground, The PG/GW chat is Aeternus ground, and the GWing forums are the middle ground. All other locations (messengers) are no-man's land.

We will be using the "Strat" system of categorizing combatants. This will be OPT-IN. You choose your level and state it openly. If you do not choose your Strat, you will be considered Strat-One.

All Strats are REVERSE COMPATIBLE. A strat three fighter may compete with a strat one fighter, but MUST USE THE RULES ACCORDINGLY (in this case, the strat three would use strat three rules, while the strat one fighter would use the strat one rules.)

For speed fights, anywhere is acceptable, and being able to post transcripts would be nice. Keep a record of your fights, post them here in Anything Goes, prove your worth.

Turnbased fights are preferred to be run here as new topics (in Anything Goes), but may be performed in chat at your own risk (you may not have time to complete them, and/or forget to transcribe them here.) GWing IS the middle ground, and should provide as such. If there's anything we can do to accomodate people, let me know. There is no registration required to post in this forum, that has been changed specifically for this event. That means you can post anonymously here.

Strat One
Beginner Level

Speed Fighting: Hit claims only. You must make a post after your attack BEFORE they dodge or block to make your attack count. Minimum of four words per line with five typos.

Turnbased Fighting: Will follow standard rules of Turnbased combat listed below, with the stipulations of: Two sentence minimum, five typo maximum, minimum turns to kill of 20.

Strat Two
Medium Level

Speed Fighting: Hit claims or no hit claims. For No Hit Claims (Freestyle) you may consider the second consecutive line after the attack without a dodge or block from the opponent as a hit. Minimum word count of eight words per line with two typos.

Turnbased Fighting: Will follow standard rules of Turnbased combat listed below, with the stipulations of: three sentence minimum, two typo maximum, ten turns to kill.

Strat Three
Advanced Level

Speed Fighting is NOT permitted at this level, with the exception of lower-strat combatants, at which point the level is the equivalent of strat-two.

Turnbased Fighting: Will follow standard rules of Turnbased combat listed below, with the stipulations of: Ten sentence minimum on the forums, (three for chat) with zero allowed typos, and five turns to kill.

General Combat Standard Rules
A turn is a post in turnbased, a line in speed.

Each turn may include any amount of reasonable action, but only one attack and one defense may be used per turn.
A grab is counted as an attack and must take two turns.
A grab may be counted in a single turn if contact is pre-existing.
A lock must be preceeded by a grab, and consist of one extra turn.
A bone breaks after 5 successful attacks to the same bone, or 5 consecutive turns through which pressure is applied (to a joint or otherwise) with a lock.
A blood choke must be preceeded by a lock, and takes one turn of holding the lock to knock out, plus whatever the mandatory kill length is to kill.
A windpipe injury takes three turns after a successful attack, grab, or lock to knock the person out, plus whatever the mandatory kill length is to kill.
A charged attack may hit for the amount of damage accounted for in the number of charge turns. (Three turns of charging will hit for three turns worth of damage.) Charging (Considered a prep) means that you state you are readying for an attack that turn, but do not attack, 'charging' the attack. This includes magic, ki, whatever. Charged attacks vs. other charged attacks follow simple math. The bigger wins.
Last edited by Remæus on Fri May 05, 2006 1:56 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TehDerek on Wed May 03, 2006 10:39 pm

Eric, you should know, I want reasons before I even get involved.

}{G will also remain neutral within this since Gundams most likely wouldn't be met with an acceptable resistence. PM or AIM, you know the routine.

TehDerek
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu May 04, 2006 12:27 am

}{G needs a meeting, Derek, especially now.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu May 04, 2006 5:38 pm

15 sentence actions generally are not meant for the chat fighters. They're meant to be done on forums due to the need for them to be well thought out and well structured. In instances like that, Eric (Master) will probably allow us to use these forums.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TehDerek on Thu May 04, 2006 8:45 pm

Hmmm, I wonder......Maybe I should join Vine's side.....Heh, might even things out a lil' bit.

An Sin, you know how to contact me, aint that hard.

Edit: If and when I actually decide to enter this 'war', i'll be fightin' both TB and Speed. Eric, i'm sure you know what level to cast me as. So, time for some fun. ;)

TehDerek
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu May 04, 2006 10:51 pm

Artanis Batsu Rain (Chrono). Rank two, as I loathe TB.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Thu May 04, 2006 11:25 pm

Strat three, I'm going in as a merc of course and I prefer turn based rp. I won't be online until 4:20PM Pacific time though.

Delve
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xelphias on Thu May 04, 2006 11:33 pm

I'll run Strat Three. I like turn based anyway. I'll be going in as a soldier for GWing.net, and I'll be on around 5:30 pm EST. See you there.

Xelphias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HELLFISH88 on Fri May 05, 2006 12:49 am

Damn, i dont know if i can do this, it sounds complicated.

HELLFISH88
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karaudu on Fri May 05, 2006 7:34 am

Strat 3

Karaudu of Gwing mercenary corp.

Karaudu
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri May 05, 2006 7:44 am

Strat 3. Gabriel Faile, of Gwing, and Leader of Guardians of Reverence.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcus on Fri May 05, 2006 8:11 am

"I will provide full funding for all material and labor costs for repairs and medical attention."

Arcus took a quick glance towards the others, allowing his straight blonde hair and icy blue eyes make the rest of his statement.

Arcus
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Fri May 05, 2006 10:28 am

OOC: I shall use the character I am best at fighting with, Swift. Because I'm new to the system, I’ll use strat one...

"Master...you know full well I shall fight...for no cost, even though I am normally a merc..."

He chuckles and walks towards the door...he's always around between 4 and 9 eastern time....
I am Digit. I am a Forum Junkie. Hear me roar.

digit_masperia
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri May 05, 2006 10:32 am

I will be playing Lacuna, strat 2.

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Fri May 05, 2006 11:11 am

Ezekiel of Gwing.

Strat 3

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Claude Faile on Fri May 05, 2006 11:14 am

Claude Faile, Pilot of Guardians of Reverence. (Gwing)

Strat Three

Claude Faile
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack on Fri May 05, 2006 1:53 pm

OOC: Im cashing in for this one, Zechs Marquise on foot- I'll send the details of my set character and this arms before any combat is arranged with him. Fighting under the Wing oF G... (GWing ;) )

Strat Three, please.

Just a friendly Note- I wont be on in the next two days since im elsewhere, though on sunday I should be on at 10pm(GMT) and onward. After that I've got a secure week. Sorry if my unattending presance on the weekends comes to any inconvenience for anyone. I apologised deeply.. Though why the heck should it?
"Is than an unfair advantage?"
"Yes"
"But im worth it ;D"

Jack
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arisa Hanajima on Fri May 05, 2006 3:11 pm

Ikari Arimoto of Gwing

Strat 3

Arisa Hanajima
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sat May 06, 2006 12:46 am

Apparently instead of going to the intended chat, there was some kind of battle in the Misc room on the Tux site. When I tried to enter it wouldn't let me in. I was told I needed to register and it required rupees to enter. Bleh...

By the way, I added myself as Amadeus Draken to Strat Three. My Gwing character will not participate even if }{G joins the war as it would not fit his current role play in anyway.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!