Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Jiest Hill

Jiest Hill

a part of “Jiest Hill”, a fictional universe by okat.

Anarchy. A beautiful yet destructive thing. It can only be tamed with war, and people who try to keep homesteads and civilizations under control. But its only a matter of time before all sanity is lost...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Jiest Hill”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Jiest Hill

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okat on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:39 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Jiest Hill"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
the one-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

okat
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Lifegiver

Re: Jiest Hill

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 pm

A well planned, mid-fantasy story set after a major collapse with the staple player race pantheon and the option to play two characters? This is exactly what I've been looking for.

That copy-and-paste into a new tab doesn't work, by the way. It works for YOU because your C drive actually has that picture on it, but you're going to have to upload your map somewhere (photobucket?) and put it in the RP with the usual img /img tags.

With the lack of monarch-specific history, am I right in assuming you don't have a long family tree or political hierarchy? I'd like to ask that I may characters who were the friends/confidants/tutors/whateverrelationisappropriate of the royal son or daughter, an elf and a human. I would first, of course, need a name, age, and gender of the heir to the throne (or a younger sibling). Whether that person survived the downfall or not is your decision.

1. How are race relations? Is it the typical elves-dwarves don't like each other but humans mediate and make peace between them, and everyone hates orcs? Or are the populations so inter-mingled at this point that there are no dwarf kingdoms and elf kleptocracies and human dictatorships?

2. Are women respected? Is it the typical dwarves respect skill and eschew gender, elves have separate gender roles but they are easily broken, and humans are all sexist? Or, again, are the populations so inter-mingled that, despite a few advocates of sexism, there's equal opportunity for either gender to succeed?

3. Are people distrustful (or outright hateful) or magic? It seems like anarchy + famine + arcanists slaughtering innocents would make them pretty disliked. Combined with superstitious and uneducated farmers, it's a good recipe for a witch hunt.

4. Can I play a human wizard and an elf fighter? It's an unusual combination (in most fantasy settings) I really enjoy employing.

5. Can we get information about the capital city? I would like one of my characters to be from there.

6. How powerful is magic? Is the average mage throwing fireballs big enough to kill a horse, or is the slightest ability to levitate small objects a source of wonder and fear?

7. What is the Cabal's military structure? Is it the evolution of an order of knights loyal to the crown, or is it led by politicians sacrificing subjects to return themselves to lives of pamper and authority?

8. Are we free to make up nonmajor religions?

9. How do we simulate non-Human speech? I usually use French for Elves so I don't have to make up nonsense gibberish.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okat on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:27 pm

MayContainPlagiarism wrote:A well planned, mid-fantasy story set after a major collapse with the staple player race pantheon and the option to play two characters? This is exactly what I've been looking for.

That copy-and-paste into a new tab doesn't work, by the way. It works for YOU because your C drive actually has that picture on it, but you're going to have to upload your map somewhere (photobucket?) and put it in the RP with the usual img /img tags.

With the lack of monarch-specific history, am I right in assuming you don't have a long family tree or political hierarchy? I'd like to ask that I may characters who were the friends/confidants/tutors/whateverrelationisappropriate of the royal son or daughter, an elf and a human. I would first, of course, need a name, age, and gender of the heir to the throne (or a younger sibling). Whether that person survived the downfall or not is your decision.

1. How are race relations? Is it the typical elves-dwarves don't like each other but humans mediate and make peace between them, and everyone hates orcs? Or are the populations so inter-mingled at this point that there are no dwarf kingdoms and elf kleptocracies and human dictatorships?

2. Are women respected? Is it the typical dwarves respect skill and eschew gender, elves have separate gender roles but they are easily broken, and humans are all sexist? Or, again, are the populations so inter-mingled that, despite a few advocates of sexism, there's equal opportunity for either gender to succeed?

3. Are people distrustful (or outright hateful) or magic? It seems like anarchy + famine + arcanists slaughtering innocents would make them pretty disliked. Combined with superstitious and uneducated farmers, it's a good recipe for a witch hunt.

4. Can I play a human wizard and an elf fighter? It's an unusual combination (in most fantasy settings) I really enjoy employing.

5. Can we get information about the capital city? I would like one of my characters to be from there.

6. How powerful is magic? Is the average mage throwing fireballs big enough to kill a horse, or is the slightest ability to levitate small objects a source of wonder and fear?

7. What is the Cabal's military structure? Is it the evolution of an order of knights loyal to the crown, or is it led by politicians sacrificing subjects to return themselves to lives of pamper and authority?

8. Are we free to make up nonmajor religions?

9. How do we simulate non-Human speech? I usually use French for Elves so I don't have to make up nonsense gibberish.

Well you made me think hard about my role play. (Disregard the PM I sent you) And thank you for telling me about my mistake with the map, I will be sure to fix that right away. And I truly didn't think that anyone would join so soon because I was lacking the things you mentioned. And I myself, feel that some of those are up to the players to decide. I try not to give so many limits. I myself still need to work on the main basis of the story line and lore and whatnot.

With the monarch history, I do need to work on that as well, but I just didn't think about it at the time, much like any of the things you mentioned. I will have to do something to fix that. And with race relations, I believe that I mentioned that it is up to the players to decide how their characters behave, which also ties into the way they act around other characters, regardless of the race. (I do need to do some editing.) and most of the questions you have asked may take some time to answer.

If you have any suggestions, or would like to help me build the story up even more, I'd love some help. According to some, I am only an amateur role player who needs to develop skills. I would really enjoy and accept any help I can get, because I do see a lot of needed improvement in my story development skills. But for the most part, I really do believe in letting most of the story unfold in the role play, and be determined by the players as a whole, if you understand. I don't usually like to have a specific line of story for people to follow, because I feel that there are too many restrictions when that happens. But if need be, I am capable of creating a deeper story and meaning for the role play so the characters can have it a little easier.

I will answer your questions in detail once I have given them some more thought. Thank you for taking the time to ask them, I really appreciate it. It helps out quite a bit.

okat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Another pro-tip: If you're going to quote another OOC post, please cut it down to the important parts or (in this case) if you're replying to a list of things, change the text inside the quote to -snip- (or (snip) or [snip] or deleted-to-save-space) or something similar. It's inconvenient to scroll past all of that twice. :)

Anyway: Neither of my characters are finished. The questions I need to ask you specific to them I will PM you for. As for the race and gender relations, I know individuals characters can decide whatever they want. I wanted to know if, in general, there was a particular attitude, or if different regions have diverse cultural attitudes.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:10 am

Im interested in this RP, Ill be watching this for a bit to see if I will really commit or not. Good looking story though!
"I don't have time to bleed."

jericho193
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okat on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:50 pm

jericho193 wrote:Im interested in this RP, Ill be watching this for a bit to see if I will really commit or not. Good looking story though!

Well thank you ^^ It is still undergoing some minor changes here and there, though. I'd love it if you joined. Any questions, and you can ask me.

okat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm going to join this. You can thank May for bludgeoning me to death with the link for the past couple of days. (Really, though, I actually read the intro after May gave me the tl;dr, as well as the questions you answered here in the OOC. I think this is something I haven't written in a long time, so it'll be nice to come back to my roots.)
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okat on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:05 am

May does enjoy this role play. I'm glad you're interested!

okat
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!